1 - 10
Day 11 DAYS
11 - 20
day30 DAYS
21 - 30
Day 31 DAY 31
day32 DAY 32
day33 DAY 33
day 34 DAY 34
day35 DAY 35
day36 DAY 36
day 37 DAY 37
day38 DAY 38
day 39 DAY 39
Day 40 DAY 40
Days 41 to 50 DAYS
41 - 50
days 51 to 60 DAYS
51 - 60
Days 61 to 70 DAYS
61 - 70


DAY 38

And here we have a real update for a change!

The sun was out for once and my little helper wanted to paint something, so while I was uncovering the bits of Tardis in the garden, I gave him an old cupboard base I'd made so he can use it as a step in and out of the Tardis when it's finished (one day!)


That pretty much kept him busy all day as it was a couple of strokes of paint, then off to the Slide, Trampoline or Pinball machines for a break. He'll make a great workman when he's older!

My thoughts for today were to fix the small frame I made to the roof so I can cut the hatch into it at a later date.


The only way I could think to attach it, was to lay it roughly in place, then spray both the inside and outside so it left the frame shape.


I then drilled 8 pilot holes through within the two grey lines, so that I'd know where the wood was going to be!
Then balancing the roof piece on it's side, meant I could fix it together.


Next up was my plan of preparing the roof for the felt, so a coat of the black tar stuff was needed.


Once that was totally covered and starting to go tacky, I cut 2 lengths of roofing felt off ready.


My thinking here is that although the wood is treated, with the weather we tend to have this should give us a bit more life to it and also once I've made the hatch, it'll keep the water away from it. Hopefully.


When I laid the whole strip over, I just then cut it so it would fold up the sides of the mini frame I'd put on there (see there was a method in my madness!)


While that was setting in the sun, I thought I'd paint the top piece of roof blue, as although it's felted it still needs to look the right colour.

Obviously if you go back to when I built the top bit, it's an odd shape because I'm going to use it to hide the electrics for the Tardis up there (hence the hatch) and also I had no tools so could only do a 45 degree angle using the saw!


Anyway, I digress, the blue actually took quite well to that, better than I expected, which was a bonus.


So that was it for today, felt quite productive and I'm edging ever nearer being able to do a bit of assembly and then can work on the framework in place, the blue dried darker on the felt which was a bonus!


Just one more thing, and actually these arrive a week or so after Day 38, but the signs are here!


These are made of Alluminium and have weatherproof vinyl on them, bought from good old ebay!