1 - 10
Day 11 DAYS
11 - 20
day30 DAYS
21 - 30
Day 31 DAYS
31 - 40
Day 41 DAYS
41 - 50
day51 DAY 51
day 52 DAY 52
day 53 DAY 53
day54 DAY 54
Day 55 DAY 55
Day 56 DAY 56
day57 DAY 57
Day 58 DAY 58
Day 59 DAY 59
Day 60 DAY 60
Days 61 to 70 DAYS
61 - 70


DAY 54

So first up today was the plan for easy and quick windows!


Yep, you guessed it, they are going to be painted bars.


First one was a test to see if it will look good enough and looks ok to me (not painted by me I must add as I don't have a steady hand for that!)

While that was drying I went over the white filler on the back door panels (that, I can do)


Then marked out the next side window bars for painting


and that's really not my hand!

Only a first coat for each bar but looks quite effective


On the front door, I fitted (wedged) a thin strip of wood to make the window area


Then started to mark out the bars again


Which were then painted


And while that was being done I marked out the back window


And then I got sidetracked....

I'd been thinking about a console type cupboard in there and was going to use an old laptop with it, but as it happens my tablet has just had a crack appear inside the screen (weird), so that will probably get used now.
Anyway, so I wanted it to fit and not take up all the room, so I shaped one of the off cuts sitting around in the shed.


It's sort of a half hexagon when it sits up against the wall, which will be good enough for a 5 year old by the time it's done!

Anyway, back to the TARDIS and I painted the ends of the panels on the back door.


I also put a first coat on the front door where it had been white next to the new window area


Going back to the console thoughts and I had a couple of long bits of wood from a wardrobe I dismantled, so I cut that in half and also took some of the width off of it.


Those will become the sides of the underneath part so I have somewhere to fit the speakers.
As it happens, the width of the piece I cut off made me think I should put the signs in a frame rather than just stick them up.



So no time for anything else though as it was getting dark, so just a last couple of photos, one showing the back window now also having a first coat of paint


And the final shot from the front for the evening


So hopefully a few more bits over the coming days and the sign frames seem like my next plan (if I can stop being distracted by building the console/cupboard long enough!